TheUtah Headlines

My view on the news.

Friday, September 30, 2005

Drive Without Reverse

With Nissan's new car, there will be no need for Reverse. Imagine a shift level with simply Park, Neutral, and Drive. How can a car only go forward? Is it so light, you manually push it backwards? Perhaps in the 20th century. In the 21st century, the cabin can rotate 360 degrees. "An egg on a skateboard" is one description. At the same time, concept cars should have a futurist look, which implies something not typical of today's models. I imagine driving this car down the road and spinning the cabin to look left and right rather than turning my head--I'm lazy. Blind spots are reduced thanks to a video monitoring system. You know what's missing? Tires that rotate 180 degrees so I can pull sideways into a parallel parking space. Then I might be tempted to drive down the road sideways. Maybe that's a bad idea.

2 Comments:

At 2:32 PM, Blogger Arbusto said...

It doesn't need reverse because of that spinning cab. It goes the whole 360.

 
At 3:55 PM, Blogger Utah said...

That fact was supposed to be included in my post. Stated in my mind, I jumped over it while typing. Let me interject this piece into the post:

"...rotate 360 degrees. Therefore, forward is only relative to you, not the engine and trunk placements. What does this car look like? An egg on a skateboard..."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home