TheUtah Headlines

My view on the news.

Monday, July 25, 2005

Desperation or brilliant marketing?

The friends of Utah man, Lance Archibald, decided to help their single pal find a date. This 31-year-old Mormon--okay, member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints--enjoys singlehood but soon may become an "old maid." Most Mormon men marry in their early 20s after completing a two year mission trip. Sadly, this is one catch that got away. Therefore, "Team DateLance," the group of friends behind this scheme, created a billboard reading, “I’m Lance, Let’s go out!” and accept applications through their website, DateLance.com. If you want to get a date with Lance, be patient. Besides there being 1500 applicants already, the website loaded slowly for me during my research.

1 Comments:

At 5:06 PM, Blogger Arbusto said...

I'm betting most of the hits come from people thinking it's Lance Armstrong.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home